Can’t decide on your flavors? Having a hard time choosing which flavors for which tiers? We offer tastings up to three days in advance of your event or wedding. We can get together at our commercial kitchen in North Kihei if our cake schedule allows. Pick ups from our location are also available, as well as delivery.
For a Tasting there is a $30 Tasting Fee for up to four cake samples.
Delivery of sample cake is available to most locations for $25, dependent upon our cake delivery schedule. If requesting delivery please indicate where and when.
SCHEDULE A TASTING
Use the form below to schedule your tasting and consultation. Choose the 4 cakes you would like to taste from the section below or check out our customer favorites.
Cake Flavors, Fillings & Icing
Traditional Cake Flavors
Gluten free cakes are available in Vanilla and Chocolate.
Specialty Cake Flavors
We can make other cake body flavors upon request, however we do not make other people’s recipes. Specialty cake types are a bit more per cake layer.
- Red Velvet – Goes great with cream cheese frosting!
- Carrot Cake – Made with dried cranberries and NO nuts unless you request them. Traditionally served with a cream cheese filling, although it can be served with other fillings.
Traditional Cake Fillings
- Vanilla Whip Cream Custard
- Vanilla Whip Cream Custard with a layer of Raspberry
- Vanilla Whip Cream Custard with a layer of Logsdon Lilikoi – Passionfruit, our signature flavor and hands down our most popular. It is light, refreshing and tropical. A bit tart like lemon, it is best with vanilla cake.
- Whipped Cream (cake cannot stay out as long when filled with pure whipped cream)
- Chocolate Mousse
- Chocolate Mousse with a layer of Raspberry
- Mocha Mousse
- Raspberry Mousse – a little bit sweeter than the others.
- Strawberry Mousse – with strawberry blended into the Vanilla mousse which turns it pink.
- Chocolate Truffle – an extra chocolaty filling – good with white cake.
Specialty Cake Fillings
These carry an extra charge from $5 to $15 per tier, depending upon size.
- Banana Cream – Made with chunks of fresh banana.
- Coconut Cream – Made with coconut flakes.
- Vanilla Macadamia Nut Mousse – Made with little bits of Maui macadamia nuts.
- Chocolate Macadamia Nut Mousse – Made with little bits of Maui macadamia nuts.
- White Chocolate Mousse – A little bit sweeter than the others.
- Tahitian Vanilla Mousse – Made with the scrapings of real Tahitian Vanilla Beans, and something magical that Casey does, which he won’t tell us about. 🙂
- Cream Cheese – Sweet, rich and delicious with a hint of vanilla. Perfect for Red Velvet and Carrot cakes.
- Whipped Chocolate Ganache – Dense and very chocolately.
These carry an extra charge from $5 to $15 per tier, depending upon size
- Pineapple – crushed
- Guava – a juice concentrate gelee layered on top of our whipped custard
- Lemon – a flavoring on the cake body or icing.
- Fresh Strawberries – Diced fresh berries, we use Maui Kula Berries when available.
- Fresh Raspberries or other fresh fruits – seasonal
- Italian Buttercream - vanilla, chocolate, white chocolate
- Fondant - Rolled White Fondant, Rolled White Chocolate Fondant, Rolled Chocolate Fondant All of our fondant cakes are covered in a thin layer of buttercream first, so that great flavor is there.
- Ganache - A liquid pour of dark chocolate. The cake is iced in buttercream first to make it smooth and flat. The ganache is heated up to a liquid state (like hot fudge on a sundae) and poured over your cake.
- Whipped Cream - We use 100% pure whipping cream, and it is delicious, but does not look as nice as buttercream, does not go on as smoothly, and will start to melt in about 10 Maui minutes.
Schedule your cake tasting and consultation:
The best days for us to meet personally are usually Monday through Thursday between 10am and 2pm, although this will fluctuate dependent upon on our cake schedule. Other days and times may be available upon request. If we do not have availability to meet personally during your available times, we can have samples ready for pick up or delivery.